Line Supervisor at Beauregard's at The Buccaneer Resort (St Croix, USVI)
compensation: $44,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Scope and General Purpose:
The Line Supervisor supervises line personnel and kitchen operations; coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions, foodstuffs and kitchen supplies. The Kitchen or Line Supervisor plans or participates in menu creation or updating, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
• Develop and adapt work schedule as per prevailing work pressure and occupancy.
• May order and receive ingredients required in kitchen.
• Implement departmental line-ups regularly as routine.
• Control, maintain and manage kitchen inventory and food supplies.
• Ensure all ingredients for preparing food are in right supply on time.
• Support and facilitate control on food cost.
• Convey clearly any maintenance of kitchen equipment and other security problems to the Executive Chef or Director of Food and Beverage.
• Develop and maintain professional relations with vendors if required.
• Develop and supervise preparation of specialized menus for customer events.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is required.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
• Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
Please submit resume online or obtain an application at the security gate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers